Thursday, January 6, 2011

Things that made my heart smile today

I've rambled incessantly the last couple of posts, so today I'll keep it brief.  Below is a list - in no particular order - of things that made me happy today:
  1. Coming home to a yard that was free of leaves.  Raking and bagging leaves is a back-breaking job that I am glad to pay to have someone else do for me.  I had a couple of great guys who came over and rid my yard of leaves, twigs, dog poo, and even mowed.  My yard and I are happy.
  2. Discovering that Big Love season 4 is available on Uverse On Demand.  I've been anxious to get caught up before season 5 airs in a couple of weeks, and this will make it possible.  It's the little things, you know!?  :)
  3. Having lunch with my co-workers.  I am very lucky to work with a very eclectic group of people.  I am very thankful for everyone that I work with.  We are all very different, and I think that's what makes us so great.  I am grateful that I work in an environment where we work as a team and complement each other's skills.
  4. My sweet four-legged children.  While I know deep-down that they were happy to see me because they'd been locked inside all day (see #1), I felt extra excitement that I like to think is them just being glad to see me.  I don't know what I would do without them, and I am just as excited to see them when I get home as they are to see me.  There is nothing in the world like unconditional love.
  5. Talking to my niece on the phone before bedtime.  She has grown up so much in the last few months, and I am so happy that we can have a phone conversation that she - for the most part - understands what we're talking about.  I love that child so much.
Well, that's all for today.  And considering that my precious niece and sister will be here tomorrow evening (and I get to keep my niece Saturday night), I'll probably have my hands full for the weekend.  I'll have plenty of exciting things (and pictures) to share after the weekend!  I hope everyone has a great one!

Peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment