Monday, January 3, 2011

And so it begins......

For years as a child, I would spend hours writing in journals.  Sometimes writing about meaningful things, other times writing about nothing at all.  I always enjoyed writing though many times I was the only person who would read the content.

In the last few years, I've intended - several times - to start a blog.  For whatever reason, I just never did.  And now I plan to begin that journey.  Sometimes I may have something important to say and sometimes it may just be words on "paper," but I think that it will make me feel better to get my thoughts out.

Today I started back to work for the first day of 2011 after a wonderful 2 week break for the holidays.  I had saved up my vacation time so that I could spend some time with my family before, during, and after the Christmas holiday followed by some alone time at home to rest and relax before returning to work.  I had a wonderful holiday week at my mom's and then came home to work on a few projects, get my house super clean, and have a few days to relax before returning to work.  I can honestly say that I was ready to return to work today.  I am one of those people who does better on a routine. 

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed staying up super late and sleeping late every day over the holiday break.  And while I've joked many times about how I'd love to be a stay at home mom (despite not having children), I have to admit that I would probably not be good at it for two main reasons:  1) I need to be busy to feel good about myself and 2) if I'm not making money, I'm spending it.

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was for me to get out of bed this morning.  I made my way through the barrage of emails that I successfully ignored for the entire holiday break and was able to get a few things accomplished at work today.  Back to to the normal world.

The "icing" on my day today was coming home and Skype-ing with my sister and niece.  My sister had great news for me - she is coming to town this weekend and (even better) she asked if I would keep my niece (Mary Ashtyn) overnight Saturday while she stays at a local hotel with her husband who is in town for a convention.  She knows that she doesn't even have to ask this, but she received a resounding "YES"!  I now am counting down the days (hours) until she gets here.  While I do love spending time with my sister, it is not often that I get to spend solo time with Mary Ashtyn, so I am especially looking forward to this weekend!

Now to come up with some interesting things that the two of us can do.  I am giddy-happy about the impending bunking party!  Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment