Monday, September 26, 2011

Life is too short.....


Coming to the realization that there are people in my life who I care about exponentially more than they care about me is a very hard reality to accept. I suppose that it’s part of being an adult, and I know that it’s part of being a bleeding heart. I may be tough on the outside, but I have a lot of love and kindness to give to others. While I may take things harder than most people when hurtful things are said or intentions are misconstrued, perception is reality. Lately, my reality is showing me things that I believe I’ve been ignoring for some time, and I am devastated by the thought of what has been unfolding in front of me.

I do know that I have some very dear people in my life who care about me, and I know that they have no doubt about how I feel or the infinite things I would do for them. It’s just that there are some people in my life that I don’t know about, and the thought of going through the motions with a ‘friend’ makes me ill. I am a very honest person (sometimes painfully honest), but you will never find me faking it with anyone. I hope that there are people in my life that – if they are faking it with me – they will do us both a favor and move along. Life is too short for anything less than 100%, and I’m learning that more every day.

As I get older and watch the relationships around me change, I cling tighter to the love that I have in my life. I try not to take anyone or anything for granted, and I want to live each day as if it is my last. I definitely need to do a better job at this.

I encourage anyone who takes the time to read this to make sure that the people that you love know it. Don’t assume it, and don’t let them question the integrity of your relationship. A day will come when you won’t be able to say what you could’ve said today.

No comments:

Post a Comment