Saturday, March 12, 2011

Can you see the sun from where you're standing now......

It's been a while since I've blogged - lately I just haven't been in the mood.  Until today.

I've had one of the best days today that I've had in a while.  That's not to say that I haven't had some good days lately, but from the time I woke up this morning until this very moment, I've had a smile on my face and in my heart.

I awoke this morning to my sweet girl (doggy) Sydney cuddled up next to me in my bed.  She never gets in bed with me, so I put my arm around her and savored the moment.  I got out of bed, took coffee on my deck to relax and listen to the neighborhood (and the lovely singing birds) wake up.

First stop was the gym.  I've made it my number one priority to get in shape and have found a gym that I love.  1500 calories down, I left the gym with the natural high that always comes after a good workout.  What a great start to a day that would only get better.  I headed home to shower before my lunch date, but not before spending a few minutes happy-dancing around my house when an irresistible Michael Jackson song came on.

Next up was a lovely lunch with my best friend Jennibette.  She had yet to experience Yaya's in west Little Rock, and as perfect as the weather was, I thought it would be great to enjoy a lunch on the patio there - I was right!  We enjoyed some tasty sangrias, wonderful salads, and even better - each other's company.  We've both been so busy lately and we had much to catch up on.  It was a really fabulous lunch.

Moving on, we headed on to a bit of girl-pampering and got pedicures.  Girl talk, getting my feet rubbed, and uncontrollable giggling (as a result of my VERY ticklish feet being scrubbed) resulted in me leaving that place feeling completely revitalized and on top of the world.  My plan was to go home and spend some time on my deck lounge chair reading a book and possibly taking a nap. 

However, I got home and decided I'd like to go see a matinee.  When I discovered that the movie I really wanted to see started in 20 minutes, I darted to the movie theater and enjoyed "The Adjustment Bureau."  This movie deals with the basic question "Do we control our destiny, or do unseen forces manipulate us?"  I won't go into my opinion on this matter, but I will say that I enjoyed the movie overall.  It really forces you (or me, at least) to ponder certain questions, although it did end on a bit of a cheesy note.  I do think it's worth watching once.

Last stop was my obligatory weekend trip to Kroger for some produce and sushi.  A couple of episodes of Glee and a spicy tuna roll later, I'm just about ready to call it a wrap. 

From start to finish, this day has been downright awesome.  Full of fun, good weather, and simple pleasures.  We may 'lose' an hour tonight with the time change, but I feel like I've gained something timeless today - joy.

I hope everyone out there had at least half of a good day as I did - that makes it swell!

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment